Restaurant Job Announcements
This position is currently filled.
Uncle Mick’s Cajun Market & Cafe is a locally-owned restaurant in historic downtown Prattville, Alabama. We’ve been in business since 2009. Owned & managed by Mickey Thompson.
Location: Prattville, Alabama
Immediate opening for Kitchen Help in Prattville, Alabama.
Job Type: approx. 30-35 hours per week
Salary: Depends on experience
This job requires working ‘Behind the Scenes’. You may not have to talk with customers on a regular basis, but you will be working near customers. You will be required to speak with and interact with cooks or take direction from supervisors.
Kitchen Helpers are expected to perform a variety of duties, including but not limited to the following:
- Preparing high-quality food items for our customers utilizing methods such as grilling, steaming, sauteing, and frying
- Following company recipe and presentation guidelines to meet or exceed guests’ expectations
- Coordinating food orders to support timely and efficient delivery to serving line
- Ensuring proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety
- Meeting special customer requests while ensuring same high-quality standards
- Set up kitchen before opening
- Follow recipe guidelines to meet or exceed customers’ expectations
- Wash, peel, and/or cut food items
- Prep food
- Portion food
- Stack and store food supplies, equipment, or other utensils in the kitchen and serving line
- Replenish serving line as needed to complete orders on time
- Ensure proper food safety and sanitation standards
- Clean dishes, silverware, glassware, utensils, pots and pans, etc.
- Stock and restock supplies
- Load or unload trucks picking up or delivering supplies and food
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas
- Break down and clean the kitchen, mats and equipment at closing
- Sweep, spray, and mop floors
- Maintain sparkling clean restroom & kitchen
- Pick up debris and sweep parking lot when necessary
- Check in deliveries
- Label and date food for freshness rotation
- Put away deliveries
- Filter and dispose of grease
- Take out trash
- Report to work in neat and clean attire
- Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential
- Maintain adherence to all Company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as directed by management
- Report to required meetings
Apply by submitting the form below. Please do NOT call restaurant.
Optionally, you can email a resume to: